Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yama Tres

So Glenn and I spent a night in Austin cause his friend Zach Jones was in town. In the morning we headed to Yama for another great lunch/dinner (we order alot). When we got there our waitress Kate (she found my blog!!!) let out a yelp cause she recognized us! Great service followed!




Started off with the shrimp spring roll. Glenn was disappointed because it was fried but it was tasty. The shrimp inside the spring roll was pretty large and fresh!



















Alaska Roll: snow crab and shrimp inside with crab meat and spicy sauce on the outside. The crab meat on the outside was a bit too much because I wanted to taste the gem of the roll: the snow crab inside!! I love me some spicy sauce but I wish I had asked for it on the side. Sauces are great with rolls but to really enjoy sushi, you must taste the fish.

Overall very tasty but next time I might ask for the sauce on the side!! Snow crab inside was VERY tasty!



In addition to the pictures posted here we ordered our Chirashi and Orange roll. I already have pictures of these posted in previous entries so I won't waste your time!



Dessert. Poor Glenn let me choose desserts!! We ordered the Plum Wine ice cream. Such a cute presentation that came with 3 cherries! Delicious taste and wasn't as creamy as I thought. It actually had an icy consistency.


















Also ordered the sweet rice balls. VERY good. It was a gooey texture and the balls didn't really have that much flavor except for the light sweet after taste. It was coated with ground peanuts and brown sugar. Delicious.











Great end to a fabulous weekend! Yama has been a weekly (but expensive) tradition we have had for the past month! Hopefully we'll get a chance to visit it again very soon!

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. AGAIN in austin and you dont tell me....oh my :( what have i done to you?! ha

    ReplyDelete