Monday, March 23, 2009

Yama Part Deux

So after a Saturday night out in Austin, Glenn and I decided to make Jay and Trisha go with us to Yama Sushi. They basically got suckered in. We told them it was a 10-15 minute drive and little did they know that Yama was in Round Rock. MUAHAHA. Either way, they were impressed with the sushi but not their chicken teriyaki. Yumminess ensues.













A picture of Yama sushi. Once we sat down the waitress said [insert Asian accent] "You guys are back!". Glenn and I were impressed and excited. Recognition with a smile means we might be favorited regulars...which might lead to yummy freebies.






We started off with the shrimp lettuce wraps. The lettuce that came with it were neatly rectangular shaped pieces of cut lettuce. Not the usual flap of a lettuce leaf. The taste wasn't unique or spectacular but still tasty. Glenn liked this unique lettuce piece although I enjoy the larger pieces of lettuce.

FREEBIE ALERT!!!! The waitress came back with this cucumber and tuna salad that was "made from the chef so you can try". YUMMY FREEBIE! The taste was okay but the chunks of free fish were awesome. It had a sesame seed oil taste with a hint of spice. I wouldn't order this by myself but it was a nice gesture from the chef!





Ordered the chirashi like last time: raw pieces of fish on a bed of sushi rice.






A five piece order of Escolar
Orange roll: had to taste this dream again!


New roll!! Gozen: yellowtail and salmon inside, topped with eel on the outside. Extremely tasty but the eel and eel sauce was such a powerful taste that I couldn't enjoy the yellowtail or salmon on the inside. Delicious but we could barely taste the differently between this roll and the traditional dragon roll!





Overall, delicious and a FULL experience. Glenn and I got our Austin sushi fix for the day.
On the way home we drove by a Sonic and I made Glenn stop. I've been craving a vanilla cone so bad!!! I was so happy to get it. My tummy hurt after all this food but man...was it worth it!!!
ps. if you guys are interested at dining at Yama sushi, here is a link to their menu http://www.diningoutwithrobbalon.com/review/yama/menu.html
till next time!

3 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Jen. We used to be friends. When you're in Austin CALL ME. You know I love sushi so now I'm convinced you hate me :( ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do call you but your mom or drew is always in town!!!! I will call you fo' sure next time...IF YOU ANSWER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Diane!
    Its me Kate, your waitress in YAMA.
    I was googling for YAMA reviews when I saw your webpage! It's really nice and informative!
    Miss Diane, We're very happy to be a part of your weekly schedule!
    Thank you so much!
    We assure you that we'll always give you only the freshest sashimi and Bara Chirashi in town! =)
    Thank you again!

    Feel free to Request for me on your next visit!
    I'll be more than happy to be of service to the "Sweetest Couple" Customers of YAMA!
    I'm at YAMA every Sunday (12NN-9:30PM) Monday (10:30-9:30PM)
    See you soon!
    Thank you! God Bless!
    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete