Monday, March 23, 2009

Allison's Yummy Fiber Surprise!

Allison was nice enough to invite a couple of us over for dinner Sunday night. It was the last night of their spring break so I thought it would be a fun shin-ding. For those who don't know her, Allison is a fabulous baker and can make tasty home cooked concoctions. She makes cupcakes and cookies pretty often. Yum!






Here is Allison slaving away at her CrockPot.











Azeem, Glenn, and Tom. I will mention them often in this blog because they like to eat and I like company or "lab rats" for my kitchen meals.










While Allison was cooking and the guys were talking, I decided to pose with Allison's porcupine beanie baby. Super cute! (Talking about me!..jk)










Started off with a spinach salad. SURPRISE ALERT! She put plantain chips in it!















This was impressive. She made empanadas and put black beans and plaintains inside! The crust was flaky goodness and the insides were warm and just felt good in my stomach! I love plantains and this salty empanada really made my day!




Inside shot of the empanada












The main course was really good! She cooked the chicken in the crock pot in a sauce of cream of mushroom and salsa! The chicken was extremely moist and juicy! The sauce was tasty but not heavy. It definitely felt like a home cooked meal. A side of black beans and onions finished the dish.
Mmm. Very good and I even took 2 of the empanadas home! They will be good as a snack or as a light lunch! Thanks Allison for dinner!
After a 2 hour conversation about genetic defects that can occur when pregnant, we decided to watch Slingblade. Great end to a fun weekend!
Till next time!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, that looks really tasty. I love Slingblade... and little boys. ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. sh*t. Who is this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the fiber make you sh*t good?

    ReplyDelete