Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yummy Yama

Wednesday and I'm off. Why not drive an hour to get sushi? Glenn and I walked into Yama and the owner immediately recognized us! We were stoked!!! We had never been there for their lunch menu before so we were excited to try some new items on it!





Tuna tartare. Didn't taste any different than what I've tried at other restaurants before. Still good but nothing unique. The peppercorn encrusted thin slices of tuna were lightly pan seared.








We had never ordered the sashimi deluxe before today! Came with tuna, salmon, red snapper, escolar, and white tuna. Big chunks that tasted so fresh!









Roasted duck roll bento box. Glenn is NOT a fan of duck so when he LOVED this dish I was quite surprised. Bento box came with vegetable tempura, sushi rice, japanese salad, pieces of california roll. The main dish was AMAZING. Pieces of roasted duck with a light layer of sweet sauce (I think hoisin sauce), onions, and romaine lettuce wrapped in a chinese pan fried pastry. It was a little greasy but the sweet yet salty flavors of the duck were to die for! It came with 2 big pieces and Glenn and I were pretty full after this!




The owner kept persisting dessert and said it was on the house! So of course...we couldn't say no. Red bean ice cream. Not a very strong "red bean" flavor to it so it was light and not super sweet. Very good!







What a fabulous lunch! Glenn couldn't stop talking about the duck roll and I'm sure we will be back on Sunday! I'll be in the Valley this weekend but I might stop by Yama on my way back home! Mmm....typing about the duck roll is making my mouth water!

Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. So I really like the pan seared tuna thing!!! It looks yummy Xs 3!!! Next time, let us know when you guys are going - I will have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete