Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Robertson's Choppin' Block

On our almost weekly trips to Austin, we always see Robertson's Choppin Block off of I35. Allison told Glenn they made good jerky so we decided to stop by and check it out.
What a quaint little place. Not only do they have sausages, beef jerky, fresh ham sandwiches but they also sell an assortment of nuts, chocolates (yum!), candies, candles, lotions, etc. Definitely a place to go to for gifts and Christmas/Kwanza!

We ordered a bit of the beef jerky and turkey jerky. At $25 a pound I expected deliciousness that is off the charts! Alas....the beef jerky was in thin pieces that were really hard. I think a tooth broke! The turkey jerky was more moist but to tell you the truth, I would perfer to buy myself some teriyaki beef nuggets they sell at the local 7-11!

1 comment:

  1. i guess i should have clarified that i liked my beef jerky (when I ate beef) hard not chewy. Plus there is a special method to eating it.

    ReplyDelete