Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kitok's

There's this place in Waco that my technicians rave about. It's Kitok Restaurant. It's a place that serves greasy burgers, oriental fries, and oriental food! It's not a fusion restaurant! Just a diner that serves burgers AND Chinese food. Odd combination which sounded enticing. Azeem and Glenn drove up to meet me for dinner after work one night. We've been wanting to try this place out for awhile.





















The famed Oriental fries. Basically a bunch of onions and carrots shredded up, dipped in tempura, and fried. Pretty tasty! It was something different but not something to stop the presses about. Would I eat this again? Yes but on the other hand, anything fried is delish.





















I ordered the egg burger. What a fat ass!!! A regular ol' burger wasn't bad enough, I added a fried egg and cheese to it! Very good! The bun was greasy with butter and the meat was tender and well seasoned. The cheese and egg added a kick of creaminess to it! Very good...a mid-step above a Sonic burger.

I'm glad I finally got to come here. Overall, if someone from work was to get something to go from here I would order something. I wouldn't go out of my way to try this place though. Interesting concept but just not as impressed as I was wish I had been. We also ordered some chicken and fried rice....too bland. Azeem and Glenn liked their burgers but they wouldn't want to come all the way to Waco for a "Sonic burger" again.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe y'all went without me! I soo wanted to try the oriental fries :( saaaaaaaaaaaaad panda

    ReplyDelete