Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Le Lai in McAllen, Texas

It was a food fest when I went home for Easter. I ate Double Daves, at Roxann's BBQ, homecooking and all but I went to Le Lai for some Thai Food! I've been here before but only ordered Mandarin cuisine so I was excited to try their thai plates.



Of course I ordered the Tofu Pad Thai. The noodles were thinner than I am use to and the sauce was more sweet than spicy. It tasted good but it didn't satisfy my "pad thai craving".










Chicken Mango Salad: I could NOT stop raving about this dish. It has sweetened dark pieces of chicken on a bed of shredded red onions, MANGO SLIVERS, carrots, cucumber. A garnish of peanuts and basil top it off. It was so tasty! I was eating thin slices of mango with my meal and it just came together! It was extremely fresh and crunchy! Dipping each biteful in the traditional thai fish sauce added additional flavoring! YUMMY! I will definitely come back for this dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment