Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Waffle Maker Alert!

Lauren and Bob gave us their waffle maker a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had time to try it out. After a trip to whole foods this weekend, I got a rush of inspiration and cooked up a great breakfast for Glenn and I!
I cooked cherry tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and chicken sausage (which were stuffed with spinach and feta cheese).
After the waffles were cooked I put a dollop of Greek yogurt on top and drizzled some warmed up maple pumpkin butter on top.
Lordy lordy! I love peanut and almond butter but when we saw maple pumpkin butter at whole foods we knew we had to try it! It's so sweet and rich! We didn't even need syrup!
It was a great breakfast but I think I could make the waffles a little crispier next time! I'll definitely be using the waffle maker on a weekly basis!

2 comments:

  1. are those shrimp next to the waffles?!
    so azn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm....WAFFLES LOOK YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete