Monday, September 7, 2009

LuLu's Cafe

As I've blogged about before, I LOVEEEE Man V. Food. The way Adam loves food and his excitement about each destination is such a treat to me! I feel his fattie pain everytime he "overdoes it" and starts sweating! I do that on a weekly basis too Adam! Anyways, on his season 2 opener, he visited San Antonio. One of the restaurants was Lulu's Cafe, known for their chicken fried steak and HUGEEE cinnamon rolls.


Adam sure left his mark at this restaurant! The front of the menu features his picture with the staff!!












Here's a picture of me with the gigantic cinnamon roll!! OMG. I was expecting something that ran out of flavor in the center of the roll and expected the outside of the pastry to be really dry because it took so long to cook...BOY WAS I WRONG.

They premake the rolls and warm them up in the microwave when ordered.

When we got the cinnamon roll, it was warm, the outer layer slightly crispy but the hint of cinnamon and the rich frosting was TO DIE FOR. IT was soo good! Mrs. Baird's...EAT YOUR HEART OUT! I tried pieces of the cinnamon roll on the outside, innerside, and middle (for "testing" purposes of course) and it was DELICIOUS, flavorful, sweet, decadent from the inside out!!! Only $5.99!!! All hobos should save their change and eat this cinnamon roll!!

The rest our meal came out after a 45 minute wait since the restaurant was PACKED. I got migas and I wasn't very impressed. NO ONE in our group got their well known chicken fried steak which was a disappointment. I saw someone order one in the table next to us and it covered the WHOLE dinner platter. delicious looking. I will definitely go back to try that and believe it or not...I want another cinnamon roll!!!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that episode. i wanna try the pizza place he showcased in that same episode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!!! My friends said they've been but we needed like 10 more people to finish the pizza! Once you order it's quite a whiles wait :( Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all the years I lived in San Antonio, I didn't even know this place existed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I saw this aired with Man Vs. Food and forgot that it was in San Antonio, I'm too intimidated to try a cinnamon roll that .........big. I'm actually too scared. Will have to take a big group of friends to try THAT ONE.

    ReplyDelete