Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lettuce Wraps

The only reason Glenn and I go to BJ's is for their chicken lettuce wraps. We had purchased some ground turkey meat and since we already had burgers this week I decided to try something different. I tried to follow the online recipe for PF Chang's Lettuce wraps but I forgot the soy sauce!! What a bad Asian. :( So I just followed my dragon lady insticts and whipped something up from what I had!

Marinated ground turkey in Worcestershire sauce, chopped up red onions, mushrooms, and water chestnuts.
Cooked the turkey meat with seasoning salt and pepper.
Then I added the mushrooms, onions, water chestnuts with some seasame oil, fish sauce, hoisin sauce, lemon juice, and white wine vinegar.
I was bit scared it wouldn't be good but it was pretty tasty!!!
Even Glenn was excited! The only thing missing was the chinese hot mustard sauce!
And yes we ate this one the floor in front of the tv cause UFC fights were on!

1 comment:

  1. watching people beat the shit out of each other is the best!

    ReplyDelete