Monday, September 7, 2009

Alamo Pizza

On our trip to San Antonio, Marcos and Lindsey told us about a place near their house, Alama Pizza. It's a real small pizza place with pizza slices, personal pizzas, calzones, wraps, pasta, etc. Outside is a pretty decent sized area where they have local bands play on the weekends.
Never heard of Alamo Pizza before but was super excited to see that it has been the winner of Readers' Choice pizza many years in a row!

I ordered a personal pizza veggie lovers. It had olives, green peppers, and red onions. You can see that a I got a piece of Roxann's pizza which had italian sausage.
NOT greasy at all!!! The crust was not too thick or thin but very crispy. The sauce wasn't that flavorful and it wasn't loaded with tons of cheese but it was still pretty tasty! I wish I had tried the other pizza flavors they offered: BBQ chicken, an Asian fusion one, etc because although my pizza was good, it tasted like a South Beach frozen pizza I can get at HEB, just a little crispier. I'm thinking the veggies didn't really add a kick of flavor like other toppings usually do. Overall, I would definitely give Alamo Pizza another shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment