Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Red Onion Indian Bistro

Glenn and some of his College Station buddies decided to have an Indian dinner. We had to drive all the way to Killeen (30 minute drive) but I was pretty excited. Other than the one time in NYC, I have never really had Indian food! The place is right off the highway in Killeen.


Instead of ordering an individual meal, we decided to order a group dinner meal that fed about 4-6 people. Glenn's friend assured us it would be plenty of food...NOT! I was still hungry! Oh well.
I forgot what all the dishes were but we had some Tandoori chicken (marinated in yogurt and spices), Chicken Tikka Masala (chicken cooked in a creamy sauce with fresh tomatoes and oriental spices), garlic Naan, Naan, seasoned white rice, Palak Paneer (Indian cheese cubes and spinach cooked in spices and herbs), Vegetable Malai Kofta (cheese stuffed in vegetable balls, cooked in mildly spiced creamy sauce).
The naan was good, but who doesn't like bread! My favorites ended up being the vegetable malai kofta and chicken tikka masala...why? CAUSE OF THE CREAMY CURRY SAUCE. It's the WORSE thing for you but the creamy, spicy, sauce was delicious with the rice! I loved every carb/fat filled moment! The group meal was great cause I got to try everything. I was not THAT impressed with the other dishes...now don't get me wrong! It was good, but I expected more Punch! more heat! and it just didn't deliver. Would I go there again? Yes! There are so many more vegetable and lamb dishes I want to try! All in all, it was good...but I expected more flavor.

2 comments:

  1. i'm just saying that if i were to ever open up a restaurant or bistro/cafe i don't think i'd want you to eat there...to much pressure!

    ReplyDelete