Saturday, August 15, 2009

Turkey Burgers!

We've been thinking about getting a grill for awhile now. We just don't know either to get a gas or a charcoal grill! We are also...lazy! Anyways, I got this little stove top grill some time back but I haven't used it yet. Glenn had gotten some ground turkey meat so I decided to use it. AMAZING! This stove top grill doesn't give us the satisfaction of the mesquite or smokey flavor that comes with a regular grill but it sure was easy, quick to clean, and tasty! I will definitely recommend this grill for apartment dwellers like myself!

"grilled" some red onions, mushrooms, and jalapenos.


















Turkey burgers: seasoned it myself (thankyouverymuch) with Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, pepper, onion powder, chopped jalapenos, red onions.

















Cut up a sweet potato, seasoned with seasoning salt, pepper, and olive oil. Threw it in the oven at 450 degrees for 40 minutes.

















When the burgers were almost done we added a slice of gouda cheese and some guacamole.

OMG. I hate to say it, but I'm amazing!!! Maybe it was the Worcestershire sauce....but either way the burgers were flavorful and juicy!!! I think since I made them on the smaller side, they didn't overcook or have time to get dry. The veggies were good but I overdid the pepper. The sweet potato fries? delicious as usual!!!

Even as I type, I'm already planning my next turkey burger making!!!

2 comments:

  1. i love turkey burgers, next time you come down we all need to collaberate in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete