Sunday, July 5, 2009

Whole Foods Dinners

Whole Foods: Expensive but it's so easy to pick up "ready to cook and serve" meals there! Guilty of being lazy lately! I promise I'll start cooking more once I'm done with moving!


Wild salmon with assorted sesame seeds and a jicama salad.

The salmon was super dry! I did not enjoy this wild organic salmon.
The jicama salad is so light and refreshing this time of year. Has a great crunch. Combined with carrots, green bell peppers! Yum! Not too heavy and perfect for bbqs!

Baked sweet potato, couscous with chickpeas, salmon, and curry mahi mahi.

yes it's alot of food. DON'T JUDGE.
Sweet potato: I think having baked sweet potato fries has spoiled me because this regular sweet potato was tasty but blah!

Couscous with chickpeas: big mistake. chickpeas and couscous are delicious...but not COMBINED! The softness of the couscous did not go with the heaviness of the beans. :(

Salmon: We baked a regular piece of salmon with salt, pepper, and parsley. Delicious. Way better than the wild organic salmon dish above!

Curry Mahi Mahi: I had great hopes for this. the seasoning was great but the fish was actually a little dry and had a fishy taste! WTF! VERY disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. You have a Whole Foods in Temple?!? I spent $32 on dinner at the one on Lamar in Austin once. All I got was prime rib, red potatoes, broccoli casserole and a slice of cheese pizza with a grape Fanta. I got some looks but I'm known for being classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have one in Temple. We are such fatties we drive AN HOUR to and from Austin just to get "the goods"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I agree with your evaluation of the chickpea couscous dish, doesn't sound to appetizing. I like humus and all, but I'm not a big fan of the chickpea in its original form. Mmmm mahi mahi sounds good right now, even better mahi mahi tacos with mango salsa! Your blog makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete