Sunday, July 5, 2009

Texas Land & Cattle

Happy 4th of July!!! I had to work today so no BBQ for me! Luckily Glenn wanted to eat out so Tom, Glenn, and I ventured out to Harker Heights. We were planning to try this Indian Restaurant but to our dismay it was closed. I suggested Texas Land and Cattle cause as a student in Austin, I was IN LOVE with it. I guess my taste buds have changed because even though our food was good, I've had better and I expected/remembered more. :(
Sirloin Steak Salad: Steak, red onions, tomatoes, HONEY mustard.
I love a restaurant with great honey mustard dressing. I used almost the whole thing! The steak was very tender but lacked great seasoning. Had to dip it in the honey mustard with each bite...or maybe that was an excuse of mine to eat all the dressing.
Glenn said it tasted like I was eating f*cking big mac. :( Sad cause he was right...
For dessert we ordered the Peach Bread Pudding: peaches, raisins in a bread pudding with a bourbon sauce and vanilla ice cream.
Delicious. It was basically HALF a loaf of bread, squished, baked with custard, raisins, and peaches and served with ice cream. It was HUGE and it was DEVOURED. The dense bread was slightly sweet but the sauce and ice cream added enough sweetness per bite. VERY good. This was actually a "drier" bread pudding than I'm used to but it was still tasty. Great bread pudding can be found at Carino's!!! I swear!
This dessert put me "over the edge". I had trouble walking the rest of the night. So FULL.

4 comments:

  1. Now if you want some REAL bread pudding, hit up Pappadeaux next time you're in Austin. Bourbon soaked raisins, carmelized apples and a bourbon sauce, it is KILLER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...I'll think about that! Or...maybe you should try to make it for the fights....just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much for bread pudding, but that one sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goοdnеsѕ! Incredible aгticlе duԁe!
    Thanks, Hοweѵеr I am experienсing problems
    with youг RЅS. I don't understand the reason why I can't jοin it.
    Iѕ there anyοne еlse getting simіlar RЅЅ isѕues?
    Аnyone who knоωs the аnѕwer
    can yоu kіnԁlу respond? Thanks!!



    Feel free to visit my blog post - erotic massage london site here

    ReplyDelete