Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fogo de Chao

Glenn and I love excuses to go out to eat. So for our 2nd year anniversary we decided to go to Fogo De Chao. A Brazilian Steakhouse

Very nice atmosphere. Dim lights, wine glasses everywhere, servers running around to accommodate each guest. Loved it. Too fancy for us but we still enjoyed it.



When you are seated you are given a card like the one on the left. One side is green and one side is red.
You start off at the all you can eat salad bar that includes a variety of cheese, exotic meats, salads (chicken, pasta), international vegetables, etc.
When you are done with the salad portion you flip over your card to the green side and the fun/fat begins. Servers, each carrying a meat choice, rush to your table and ask if you want what they are offering. Meats include: top and bottom sirloin, beef ribs, lamb, pork chops, chicken, pork sausages, fillet Mignon, beef ancho.
PURE MEAT HEAVEN. I haven't had so much red meat in my life. When you are "done" with all the offers, simply flip your card over to the red side and they'll stop coming. Everything was roasted very well. Full of garlic, pepper flavor. I ate way to much. I wish we liked wine because everything would have gone well with a nice red wine. By the way, did I mention it's ALL YOU CAN EAT?


A picture of my sirloin, fillet Mignon, lamb, pork chop plate. (1 out of 3 plates I ate)










In addition to all you can eat meat and salad bar, we also got unlimited mashed potatoes, PLANTAINS (MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE), and some fried vegetable thing at our table.







And if you want to question how much fatter our asses can get? We also got THREE DESSERTS!
<-- Flan. Creamy with the caramel sauce being thick and not to sweet.






8 inch strawberry cheesecake. Creamy and rich. Not only was it covered in strawberries and strawberry sauce, they also drizzled some raspberry sauce on the bottom.







Fogo de Chao's signature dessert. A papaya ice cream. It tasted so light and not too sweet. I use to love it when my dad made papaya milkshakes when I was little and this is what it tasted like. Very fresh and perfect for the summer!
This place was amazing. I would suggest it for a great start to a "dude's day" or bachelor party. Women usually can't handle all this red meat. Needless to say, I was dry heaving all the way home after eating here. TOO MUCH FOOD.

4 comments:

  1. I love eating animals AND flipping cards over too! Where is this mecca?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love fogo de chao. was just there last week :) mmm. the papaya cream makes the trip so worth it for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you ended your blog letting everyone know you were dry heaving. By far my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to say I can't believe you ordered 3 desserts after so much food, but then I'd be lying to myself. I just heaved reading how much food there is.

    ReplyDelete